Even before the onset of COVID quarantines people were using their dining room tables less and opting for eating meals on the couch. Now due to COVID, more people are staying home and eating out less. We can guess that means even more meals are taking place on the couch. That does not mean it has to look like it though! Cleaning Clinic offers the best way to remove spots and stains from spills on a microfiber couch.
What is the difference between cleaning a microfiber couch and other upholstered couches?
When you purchased your microfiber couch, you probably did so because you thought it would be easier to clean. You were right! Microfiber couches are made with small fibres that are dense and can hold their colour better than other fabrics. Microfiber couches are ideal because they are ultra-soft, and they also resist water and stains better than other upholstery fabric like cotton and linen. Because of this, microfiber couches are often the choice of families with young kids and pets. Another great, but lesser-known benefit of microfiber upholstery is that less dust and other allergens can sink into the couch through the fabric! Although microfiber couches are more durable and stain resistant than other upholstered couches, they are not completely invulnerable to stains. They still need a good deep clean to ensure it remains looking fresh and crisp.
Have you considered renting a Professional grade carpet and upholstery cleaner to spruce life back into your couch?
You have committed to a full home deep clean, so we recommend renting the Cleaning Clinic upholstery package (consider the carpet and upholstery package if you have carpets that need some freshening up too). You cannot go wrong with either one!
Clean your microfiber couch in five easy steps:
- Check the manufacturers tag and make sure that you can clean the couch with water.
- Vacuum your couch before cleaning. This will remove loose food particles and dirt and prevent staining once the couch is wet with the detergent mix. If there is a wet spill, use a towel to soak up excess liquid.
- Test the Cleaning Clinic Upholstery Cleaner in an inconspicuous spot and allow it to dry before proceeding. Most modern couches are colourfast, but it is always advisable to make sure before starting your cleaning.
- Use the Cleaning Clinic Upholstery Cleaner by following instructions listed on the machine or give us a call on 0860 999 195 and one of our friendly support team will guide you through the process of setting the machine up. If this worries you then consider using our delivery option where one of our staff will set the machine up and give a quick tutorial on how to use it (NOTE: This service is currently only available in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town). Even though microfiber couches repel water, you still need to be careful not to over-wet. Make at least 1 or 2 dry passes once you have sprayed the solution mix onto your couch. This will assist with drying time as well.
- After your couch is dry, brush it with a soft bristle brush to restore appearance.
Share your before and after shots with us on Facebook because we want to see the results! Happy cleaning!